This article contains (or lacks) information about content that has yet to be officially released, but has been shown via official means. Some of the information may change upon official release.
- On May 30, 2011, Ransom Riggs sold the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children's film rights to 20th Century Fox. He said that the USA release date for the film is July 31, 2015
- Tim Burton was announced director of the film by Riggs after the announcement of film adaptation. He also said that Jane Goldman was tasked to adapt the book into screenplay and Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark and Jenno Topping are producing the movie.
- On August 1, 2014, Fox announced that the released date of the film is moved to March 2016. The former release date was given to the film adaptation of John Green's "Paper Towns".
- Also on the same week of the announcement of the March 2016 release of MPHfP, Eva Green was reported to play Miss Peregrine.
- According to an article from Hallels, film production will start on February 2015.
- The movie will release on September 30th 2016
- On July 7, 2014 Ransom Riggs announced on Facebook that the third book would be out sometime in the summer of 2015.
New Book By Ransom Riggs!
Ransom Riggs is writing a new book called "Tales of The Peculiar" coming out September 3rd!
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children author Ransom Riggs has signed a two-book deal with Dutton Children's Books, an imprint of Penguin Young Readers.
First up is Tales of the Peculiar, an illustrated collection of fairy tales set in the Peregrine universe that will publish in fall 2016, just ahead of the release of Tim Burton’s film adaptation ofMiss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. In a statement, Riggs said, “I'm absolutely thrilled … to finally get these peculiar tales, which have been bouncing around my brain for years, down onto paper and out into the world.”
Riggs’ second book under the deal will be an all-new YA story not connected to the Peregrine series.